Committee Meeting Minutes 5 October 2011

Friends of Westminster Park

Extracts from Committee meeting held on 5th Oct 2011

There has been no further communication from Chris Cook since our last meeting with regard to the Friends greater involvement in the Park management.

Letter received from the Council inviting attendance at the next West Cheshire Together Partnership meeting to be held on the 15th November. Committee members invited to advise Secretary as to their wish to attend, this will then be passed on to the relevant party.

Current funds as presented are £130.34 in Current Account and £1,341.01 in the Bonus Saver. Committee requested to advise Chairman of any suitable future exenditures.

Review meeting with Council held on the 20th September2011
Notes had already been supplied to all the Committee.
 Confirm work has now started on outdoor gym equipment
 Chairman to follow up lack of supply for ‘dog’ sacks.
 Council still dealing with by-law introduction for dogs on lead in specific areas.
 Car Park tree removal plan agreed in principle but awaiting finance.
 Keys for gate access. Phone number for Andy James to be given to Jennifer.
 Awaiting contact from local schools re introduction of further bird boxes
 Chairman to meet with John Seiler regarding additional funding for Sculpture, this will hopefully be through the Art Council.
 No update on improved facilities in the Cafe likely till Spring.
 Hedge trimming by Council through winter months.

AGM. Date confirmed as Tuesday 22nd November at the Community Centre commencing at 2000 hours. Secretary to provide draft agenda to Chairman. Invites to be sent to local Councillors and Council representatives. A data base of all members to be created by the Secretary to send details of AGM, Website and Subscription renewals.

Newsletter. Chairman preparing draft and welcomes input from Committee members. This will be posted on the Website and delivered to members who are not on email.

Website updates. Secretary to send abridged version of Committee meeting minutes to Sue for posting.

Any other business.
Request to Council for details of First Aid expertise in Park re gym equipment and
BMX track.
Committee to maintain contact with Cricket club ref event planned for next May.
Secretary to contact Walking Club members to ascertain whether they would like representation on the Committee.
Subscriptions for coming year to be sent to Chairman and Secretary as per last year.